- Starbucks® by Nespresso® pods will be available in 170 Starbucks stores across Mexico City and the State of Mexico.
- The portfolio of pods comprises three signature Starbucks® coffee blends made with high quality 100% arabica coffee, including a single-origin blend from Latin America.
Mexico City, MEXICO - Starbucks Mexico today announced that starting December 1st, customers will be able to find Starbucks® by Nespresso® pods at 170 Starbucks stores located in Mexico City and across the State of Mexico.
"As the coffee category continues to evolve, so too do our customers’ tastes and preferences, and we remain committed to bringing them uniquely relevant products,” said José Luis Portela, CEO of Starbucks Mexico. “The launch of this at-home portfolio of Starbucks® by Nespresso® pods now available in Starbucks stores is part of our ever-expanding product offer to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers in Mexico. It's about bringing our customers new ways to enjoy the Starbucks Experience from the comfort of their own homes.”
This product launch builds on the successful between Starbucks and Nestlé through the Global Coffee Alliance. Formed in August 2018, the alliance was created to expand and elevate both at-home and away-from-home coffees and related categories around the world.
The range of Starbucks® by Nespresso® products comprises a variety of signature Starbucks blends and single-origin coffees all made with 100% high quality Arabica coffee, ethically sourced in accordance with the Starbucks C.A.F.E. Practices program. As for its launch in the Starbucks stores in Mexico, the Starbucks® by Nespresso® line-up includes:
- Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast by Nespresso®: a smooth, well-rounded blend of Latin America coffees with subtly rich flavors of chocolate and toasted nuts inspired in Starbucks first store in Seattle’s Pike Place Market.
- Starbucks® Espresso Roast by Nespresso®: A delicious blend of Latin American and Asia/Pacific coffees, this espresso has a rich and caramelly sweetness and is at the heart of our handcrafted latte.
- Starbucks® Single-Origin Colombia by Nespresso®: a dark roast, complex and elegant flavor, medium body and pronounced acidity, with herbal notes and a hint of walnut.
“Nestlé and Starbucks, through the Global Coffee Alliance, will continue to work together closely to develop new, innovative products and go-to market strategies. Our relationship has proven highly successful for both companies, and we are confident that this new collaboration will help us to meet our customers’ evolving needs,” said Gimena Mondragón, Nestlé Managing Director of NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto ® and Starbucks coffee at home.
All Starbucks® by Nespresso® pods are 100% high quality arabica coffee, ethically and sustainably sourced in accordance with the Starbucks C.A.F.E. Practices program, designed to promote transparent, profitable and sustainable coffee growing practices while protecting the well-being of coffee farmers and workers, their families and their communities.
Over the coming months, customers will be able to recycle Starbucks® by Nespresso® pods in 123 of the 170 Starbucks stores in Mexico where these products will be offered, aligning the sale of this new product range to Starbucks commitment of becoming a resource-positive company as it moves towards its 2030 target of a 50 percent reduction in waste sent to landfills.